To Start Racing you’ll need:
1. Any kind of single speed street bike from a 16” 20” or even a 24”
2. Long Sleeve Shirt
3. Long Pants
4. Shoes (No Sandals or open toe shoes)
5. Minimum wheel size is 16"
6. Remove : Kickstand, Axle Pegs, Reflectors, and Chain guard
7. Helmet (rentals at the track)
8. Gloves recommended (Not Required, but recommended)
9. USABMX Membership or one day pass
10. Your bike should be in good working order
11. All riders/parents/spectators must follow CODE OF CONDUCT
rules to participate at any Orange Y BMX event
Okay, you have all 11 items covered and you're ready to get started racing or just practice, your choice.
Classes start at 5 years old and under, all the way up to the old guy classes. The 46 to 50 years old cruisers are also referred to as the heart attack classes. Just kidding, they're fast too.
Sign up for your USA/BMX membership at Orange Y BMX.
Become a member and enjoy the best track in the U.S.A.
Age Groups are:
5 and under 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17-21, 19-27, 28 and over novices intermediate and experts.
Cruisers (24 inch wheels), 9 and under, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17-18, 19-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-45, 46-50.
Boy’s classes are Novice, Intermediate and experts.
Girls go from novice to Girls class.
Cruiser classes have both boys and girls classes.
Orange Y BMX allows the riders 10 years old and under the first 30 minutes of practice by themselves, alone on the track, without the older guys slowing them down or crowding them. The first 30 minutes are always 10 and under practice followed by the mixed age group practice until the end of practice.
When practice ends, we post moto’s (race sheets).
Starting with the girls classes, then the cruiser classes, followed with the 5 and under age groups. Classes for 20 inch are Novice, Intermediate and Expert.
No way! All you have to do is want to have fun. Kids of all ages race and have fun. The desire to jump and pedal is in every kid, no matter their age.
Enjoy BMX, it's Family Fun.